Question

Geopackage "attempt to write a readonly database"

• 18 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi,

After creating a simple Geopackage (one Table named '01004nnu') with the OGCGEOPACKAGE Writer with FME Desktop, I want to UPDATE Attributes in this Geopackage with a second workspace using the SQLExecutor.

Error message:

"OGCGEOPACKAGE reader: In ExecuteSQL(): sqlite3_step(UPDATE '01004nnu' SET col1 = '1' WHERE col1 = '8'):  attempt to write a readonly database"

The Geopackage ist not used by another process.

SELECT Statements do work with the SQLExecutor.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Can you doublecheck whether the file isn't accidentally set to read-only by the operating system?

Yes. File-properties are set on read/write

I tried using a fileServer and a virtual local disk.

After the first Error message there is another one I can not figure out what it could mean:

OGCGEOPACKAGE reader: Unable to read feature type '__fme_execute_sql_results__'

Here are two simplyfied FMW-files and their logs.

CREATEgpkg.fmw creates aGPKG named "aSmallGPKG.gpkg"

CHANGEgpkg.fmw wants to UPDATE an Attirbute Value "aSmallGPKG.gpkg" but fails reading the GPKG.

Sorry - only one file at the time.

should have zipped it.

Badge +4

@herfried​ Did you get this working? I'm trying to do the same thing and run into the same errors.

@herfried​ Did you get this working? I'm trying to do the same thing and run into the same errors.

I did not. But i found a workaround so there was no need for the SQLExecutor anymore
Badge +4

I've run into same problem and can't figure out what's the problem...