Solved

Hello, thanks in advance for help. I have a shapefile with no .prj. I think it was derived from a CAD file because the shapefile has coordinates of 0,0 in the approximate center of the bounding box.

• 16 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

The extents of the shapefile bounding box are -100 (left) and 100 (right) and -200 (bottom) and 200 (top). Since there is no prj I don't know the units, but I do I know the shapefile is supposed to be a UTM 12 north map projection and I know all the other CRS parameters (so I am able to create the correct prj for the shapefile). In addition to this, I know the x-offset and y-offset and scale values that must be applied to the shapefile. My question: how do I apply the offset and scale to the shapefile? I believe these offset and scale values were derived when the file was converted from CAD. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 16 October 2021, 23:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

You need to apply the offset with an Offseter transformer and the scale with a Scaler transformer.

So you read in your shapefile, apply the scale, then apply the Offset. After that you can use a coordinatesystemsetter transformer to set the coordinate system and then just right it out back to a shapefile. This should also just create a proper prj file too.​

Perhaps there's a better way but this is how I'd do it.​

Badge

Hi virtualcitymatt, thanks for the help. I wasn't aware of the Offseter transformer. Yes, that works fine! Mark