Solved

Repair Invalid Polygon Geometry Type

• 14 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

Repair Invalid Polygon Geometry TypeHello,

I wish to generate a count of points within Polygons [PointOnAreaOverlayer] but I am unable to generate a count for some polygons because of fme_rejection_code: INVALID_POLYGON_GEOMETRY_TYPE

These Polygons are either Self Intersecting or Multi Polygons. I believe I need to resolve this before I can start counting points inside but Aggregator and Geometry Validator do not seem to fix the issue.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 15 October 2021, 12:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

The PointOnAreaOverlayer does not accept aggregate polygons, you will need to deaggregate them - this can be done within the transformer by setting Aggregate Handling to Deaggregate. You will then need to combine totals from each part of the aggregated polygon to get a total

Badge +5

The PointOnAreaOverlayer does not accept aggregate polygons, you will need to deaggregate them - this can be done within the transformer by setting Aggregate Handling to Deaggregate. You will then need to combine totals from each part of the aggregated polygon to get a total

The problem with setting Aggregate Handling to Deaggregate is that it then produces too many polygons and I don't know how to merge them back again to the same input amount.

I added another Aggregator after PointOnAreaOverlayer which has helped a little but still a few too many.

There will be some polygons that have 0 Overlaps but I need to include them also.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

The problem with setting Aggregate Handling to Deaggregate is that it then produces too many polygons and I don't know how to merge them back again to the same input amount.

I added another Aggregator after PointOnAreaOverlayer which has helped a little but still a few too many.

There will be some polygons that have 0 Overlaps but I need to include them also.

You should be able to aggregate back after the point on area overlayer, it looks like you can group by the original OBJECTID and select _overlaps under Attributes to Sum

Badge +5

Thanks!

I think the main issue with the Aggregator following on from PointOnAreaOverlayer was that I had selected all of the fields to 'group by' instead of just selecting OBJECTID.