Question

Split Mapinfo Table into 3 equal sizes.

• 13 October 2021
  • 4 replies

We have a Mapinfo file with customers and we're using this stupid third party geocoder (for now hopefully changing) and we're pretty sure it's having an issue because of the size of the table we're sending it. I was thinking maybe I could get around it by having FME split the table into 3 equal tables and then geocoding them and then combining them back together. Does anyone know of a way to do this? There's no real column info that I could export based on anything it would have to be after X rows or something similar to that. Thanks so much! 😀

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +33

Add a counter, then write to several tables at once, using fanout with [the modulo (math function fmod) of _counter and the number of tables] as part of the table name.

Split_table_into_3_tables

Badge +10

Or use the modulo counter, with count maximum set to 3 and then fanout on the_modulo_count attribute.

Note that this will mix up the order of records so you might want to do something differently if the order is important

Userlevel 3
Badge +33

Or use the modulo counter, with count maximum set to 3 and then fanout on the_modulo_count attribute.

Note that this will mix up the order of records so you might want to do something differently if the order is important

Nice, I didn't know about the ModuloCounter transformer. It makes the solution even more simple.

Thanks so much for the suggestions everyone! I'll give them a run this afternoon! Thanks again!