Solved

Is a NULL Writer the best way to cause my workbench to complete when certain conditions are met and I do not need anything written. Or is there a better way to gracefully terminate the workbench.

• 13 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I am running workbench an FME Server automation that is fired from a SQL Server insert trigger for a ArcGIS feature class that has editor tracking enabled. On the workbench I check previous records for the feature and only want the workbench to complete under specific conditions - it is writing an HTML file. I was considering using the NULL writer but the documentation indicates this should only be used for testing. Looking for the best way to accomplish this. I considered modifying the trigger but this is so involved and much easier and cleaner to do in FME... Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by drc43 13 October 2021, 15:46

View original

2 replies

Badge +10

You could use a Terminator transformer. I will often use that to end a translation when the conditions I want are not met.

Badge +1

You could use a Terminator transformer. I will often use that to end a translation when the conditions I want are not met.

It works perfectly! Thanks!