Solved

Populating unique values for multiple attributes and writing to excel

• 10 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

Let's say i have an excel table containing multiple attributes and features, and I would like to output in an excel table a summary of the unique values for each attributes.

Using duplicate filters I managed to get the results but they are ordered in rows in order of arrival instead of being nested for each attribute.

Example with three attributes:

ID ----- Name ------City

A1 -----Mark -------Moscow

A2 ------Paul -------Glasgow

A1 -----Joanna ---Capetown

A3------ Paul -------Glasgow

Then in excel I get three columns but the results are spread in the order of arrival of results for each column unique values:

Column A -- Column B -- Column C

A1

A2

A3

--------------Joanna

--------------Paul

--------------Mark

--------------------------------Glasgow

---------------------------------Moscow

-------------------------------- Capetown

Instead of having the results over various lines, I would like to get the unique values on top of each column. Is there a way to do so ?

Maybe working with lists ?

Many thanks if you can help me. Best regards.

Thomas

icon

Best answer by caracadrian 11 October 2021, 13:26

View original

2 replies

Badge +20

You have to get a little creative.

I think you just need some lists of unique values for any column but you don't need any correspondence for them. For example A2 ------Paul -------Glasgow is different from A3------ Paul -------Glasgow because of the ID. But you want to ignore that.

Just remove duplicates in parallel for each column, cleanup by removing the other attributes, count each parallel stream locally and join them by the _count attribute.

I have attached a sample workspace that processes your example.

Badge +2

Hello Caracadrian,

This is great, i didn't think about using the individual counter to order the features in the end, great job !

Many thanks for your help and by also even preparing a workspace to explain your solution.

This will help me in creating catalogs of features per attributes and check if everything is entered correctly in the database.

Best regards.

Thomas