Solved

im trying to send an email with a csv attached.

• 7 October 2021
  • 2 replies

using FME Desktop, i have a workspace that looks at two databases and generates a csv with information from one database that is not found within the other database. i need to then send that csv file to someone via an email, however, the csv file contains 11k rows and the emailer is trying to send 11k emails. how do i send one email with the csv as an attachment?

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 7 October 2021, 06:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Use a FeatureWriter to write the CSV (11k records in, 1 record out) , connect the the Emailer downstream and add the file you just wrote as an attachment.

If you want to do it neat you can use a TempPathnameCreator to write the file to the temp so you don't have to clean up afterwards, but make it work without the TempPathnameCreator first, this is easier to build.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Use a FeatureWriter to write the CSV (11k records in, 1 record out) , connect the the Emailer downstream and add the file you just wrote as an attachment.

If you want to do it neat you can use a TempPathnameCreator to write the file to the temp so you don't have to clean up afterwards, but make it work without the TempPathnameCreator first, this is easier to build.

Very nice. Good Job!