Question

How can a CustomParameter be used as an input (Attribute Value) with a Tester Transformer?

• 6 October 2021
  • 0 replies

Badge +1

Hi Everyone,

I have succesfully managed to use a Custom Parameter to extract traits from an Ifc File with the GeometryPartExtractor. But when using the same said Custom Parameter as the Left Value in a Tester Transformer, no filtering takes place. Can one use CustomParameters instead of manually selecting the Attribute Values?

Test: After extracting the Trait, I can manually select the now Exposed Trait as an Input to use for my CustomParameter, but that defeats the point as the Custom Parameter is not really a parametric input.

WorkspaceExample_CustomParameter 

Example File: I have shown three ways I attempted to use the custom parameter:

Top Tester: Trying to use Custom Parameter for both exposing the Traits in the GeometryPropertyExtractor and in the first Tester: No success

Middle Tester: Functions as wished, but there is a step that needs to be taken to select the correct Attribute

Bottom Tester: Old school, just selecting the Attribute and correspong Parameter needed for the Tester.

Maybe I am using the CustomParameter incorrectly, but being able to do this will be excellent, as it could bypass some issues with Dynamic Schemas etc..

CustomParameterCustomParameterMenu 

Cheers

Fred

Ps.I have attached the files, please note that I have changed the ifc to .txt file as the FME uploader did not allow the ifc extension 🙂

0 replies

Be the first to reply!