Question

Is it possible to read 3D PDF? Or another Synchro PRO 4D (export) format?

• 29 September 2021
  • 3 replies

• Contributor
  • 9 replies

I have received an 3D PDF and would like to extract attribute information. It is an export from Synchro PRO 4D. If there is an other possibility to exchange information from Synchro PRO 4D that would also be an option.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

What are the other export formats?

Other export formats are .DAE, .FBX and .BIM. As of now I have had no succes in importing either in FME. I can get geometries but not any attached planning data.

DAE can be imported in ArcGIS Pro but it has no data attached to the features. I personally do not know Synchro Pro 4D. I hoped that perharps somebody had some experience in exchanging data between Synchro Pro and ArcGIS with FME.

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @bbo​, I took a look at our Adobe Geospatial PDF R/W documentation. If you take a look at the "Note" under Reader Overview, "Reading 3D content objects and other multimedia objects such as audio or video is not yet supported". It looks like we read and write 2D PDFs, and only write 3D PDFs currently. I did find an idea to add 3D PDF Reader support on our Ideas Page! Hope this helps, Kailin.