Question

Hello, everyone, I have the following problem: There are many polygons in the reader (dgn) and there is a text in each polygon. I would like to write these polygons in a DWG (writer) and assign the text to the polygon as "Extended_Data".

• 28 September 2021
  • 2 replies

To make matters worse, the extended data need a certain form (for example "CODE 1004 - Binary Data").

I have already found some impulses in the forum (autocad_extended_data_list {}), none of which helped me to solve the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas or food for thought from you?

Many greetings

Martin

2 replies

Badge +4

Hi @martinmel​ ,

In my experience, extended data in a DWG is only possible on a block. I have never been able to output lines or polygons with extended data, from FME or directly in AutoCAD. If I am wrong, perhaps another community member can educate both of us, but I've never got this to work.

Hi @drc43​ ,

thank you for your quick reply.

Unfortunately, it doesn't help me any further: you can assign attributes to a block.

But that's not my job.

I want to assign extended data to a polyline.

These can be queried in ACAD using the "XDATA" command and look like this, for example:

* Registered Application Name: DCO15

* Code 1071, 32-bit signed long integer: 1

* Code 1071, 32-bit signed long integer: 1

* Code 1000, ASCII string: G10_KEY

* Code 1004, Binary data not printed.

When I read a DWG with objects including xdata, I use the format attribute "autocad_extended_data_list {}" and can write the objects to a new DWG without data loss.

But now I have a DGN without XDATA.

When writing the DWG, I want to assign XDATA to the objects. My attempts with the AttributeCreater all failed.