Solved

Hi all, Can someone tell me what the fme.uuid file is for when activating a Floating License and what the content means? Kind Regards, Krien Guijt

• 27 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +10
Hi all, Can someone tell me what the fme.uuid file is for when activating a Floating License and what the content means? Kind Regards, Krien Guijt
icon

Best answer by andreaatsafe 4 October 2021, 17:49

View original

2 replies

Badge +10

Hi @krien​ ,

The fme.uuid is used with a fixed license and not with a floating license.

We made a switch in FME 2019 in the way registration keys are generated to solve a problem experienced by some customers where registration keys would change after rebooting the computer. But for customers that did not experience this changing key problem, our backward compatibility still allowed their old fixed license (based on the original registration key) to work.

I would recommend not removing this file as this is used internally by FME.

-Andrea

Badge +10

Hi @krien​ ,

The fme.uuid is used with a fixed license and not with a floating license.

We made a switch in FME 2019 in the way registration keys are generated to solve a problem experienced by some customers where registration keys would change after rebooting the computer. But for customers that did not experience this changing key problem, our backward compatibility still allowed their old fixed license (based on the original registration key) to work.

I would recommend not removing this file as this is used internally by FME.

-Andrea

Hi @andreaatsafe​  

Thank you for explaining and the use of the fme.uuid file.

Kind regards,

Krien Guijt