Question

How to change text size with DWGStyler when reading and writing DWG file?

• 27 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Why this is not working? 😕

I am using:

I want to:

1. read DWG file with som "autocad_text" entities,
  2. change size of these entities,
  3. write it to new DWG file.

My approach:

• I use REALDWG reader to read my dwg:Skärmbild 2021-07-09 085528Skärmbild 2021-07-09 090108
  • I then use DWG styler to manipulate text sizeSkärmbild 2021-07-09 090352
  • I then use REALDWG writer to generate new DWG fileSkärmbild 2021-07-09 090733

Result:

Inspecting generated file with AutoCad shows that size in not changed!Skärmbild 2021-07-09 091114Workspace and test file in attachment

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

ooh, yeah this seems a bit like a bug to me.

When reading the text features from DWG FME add this information to the feature. This 'Orientation' seems to be taking priority over all the attributes and even the details above it inside the IFMEText details (height, etc).

this_it_taking_priority 

The only way I way able to get rid of this was with a GeometryRemover. So the workaround is to use a CoordinateExtractor to get the x and y (and z) of the text, remove the Geometry with a GeometryRemover and then use a VertexCreater to replace the point with a new point. After the VertexCreater you can use a TextPropertySetter to set the properties.

I think @andreaatsafe​  should take a note of this.

Badge +2

Hello,

I've had the same issue and only with the workaround of removing the geometry it is able to adjust the text height...

Thanks Matt

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Thanks for posting this @edgarrunnman​ and bringing it to our attention. We've opened up a ticket for our development team (FMEENGINE-71600). We'll try posting any updates here.

I'm sorry you came across this issue. In the meantime, hoping that the suggestions that @virtualcitymatt​ & @topotoma​ work for you.

Badge

Hello,

I've had the same issue and only with the workaround of removing the geometry it is able to adjust the text height...

Thanks Matt

Thank you for tips! ✌️

Badge

Thanks for posting this @edgarrunnman​ and bringing it to our attention. We've opened up a ticket for our development team (FMEENGINE-71600). We'll try posting any updates here.

I'm sorry you came across this issue. In the meantime, hoping that the suggestions that @virtualcitymatt​ & @topotoma​ work for you.

Nice 👍