Solved

Autodesk BIM360 Docs Connector transformer cannot download file to a location specified in a feature attribute value

• 24 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +9

Hi everyone,

I am trying to download a set of files with the AutodeskBIM360DocsConnector and save them to a temporary location. The temp location is generated with the TempPathCreator. The BIM 360 connector does not have the option to pick an attribute for the "Download to Folder" parameter. Typing out @Value(DownloadLocation) seems to trigger FME to recognize that I want to use an attribute value, however during translation the attribute value is ignored and instead FME uses the string I typed in i.e. it creates a map named "@Value(DownloadFolder)".

2021-09-24_09h48_57 

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 24 September 2021, 10:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

One workaround I can think of is to write the file to an attribute and use a AttributeFileWriter to write it to a file in the temp folder.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

One workaround I can think of is to write the file to an attribute and use a AttributeFileWriter to write it to a file in the temp folder.

Nice

Badge +9

Thanks Niels,

I tried out your suggestion but in my usecase the AttributeFileWriter causes some problems. I was trying to download an Autodesk Civil dwg and it kept throwing exceptions on the dwg versioning being higher than version 2018 even though it isn't. I tried setting the encoding on the AttributeFileWriter but it didn't fix the error.

In the end I decided to not make use of temporary file paths and just create a folder to directly save the files to from the BIM360 Docs transformer, which is adequate for my desktop usecase.

I think if I was not downloading dwg files your solution would work.

I try to connect to BIM360 project with my web Connection.

I cannot read any file

imageWhen i click to Hub paramter, it does appear nothing .

May be i have to make a connection with hub that i have to create ?

Badge +9

I try to connect to BIM360 project with my web Connection.

I cannot read any file

imageWhen i click to Hub paramter, it does appear nothing .

May be i have to make a connection with hub that i have to create ?

Yes fme_user, you need to first make an autodesk forge app, then you use the client ID from that Forge app to create a connection in BIM 360. You can get the exact explanation if you click on help in the BIM 360 connector in your workspace. Please note that you probably have to do this together with your IT-Department.