Solved

shp area transform to autocad_hatch,this hatch attribute not display area?

• 24 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

attribute only display elevation in geometry ,who can tell me why​

icon

Best answer by jovitaatsafe 30 September 2021, 00:32

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @charry​,

Are all the polygons from your shapefile becoming hatches in the DWG writer or just some of them? If it's only some, it might be a good idea to check in the writer parameters that 'Prefer writing donuts as hatches' is set to No.

For the attribute displaying only elevation, can you tell me more about what you're trying to do and what you're currently getting in the output? Any screenshots you can share would be great to help explain it. Thanks!

Badge +20

This has been discussed a few month ago.

See this thread generated hatch has no area in autocad? (safe.com)

Badge +3

This has been discussed a few month ago.

See this thread generated hatch has no area in autocad? (safe.com)

Sorry you says way doesn't work

Badge +3

Hi @charry​,

Are all the polygons from your shapefile becoming hatches in the DWG writer or just some of them? If it's only some, it might be a good idea to check in the writer parameters that 'Prefer writing donuts as hatches' is set to No.

For the attribute displaying only elevation, can you tell me more about what you're trying to do and what you're currently getting in the output? Any screenshots you can share would be great to help explain it. Thanks!

hatches hasn't an area,when gis to dwg hatch

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @charry​,

I did some digging and it looks like there's a problem report filed for this problem, tracked internally as (FMEENGINE-62108) about FME writing out hatches without an Area property. Unfortunately there isn't a timeline yet on this issue for a fix but I've added a note and will let you know here when the issue has been addressed.

In the meantime there are two potential workarounds:

1- As @caracadrian​ had suggested to select/deselect/reselect the hatch, or editing the hatch will make the hatch pattern appear AND create the Area property. For you Charry, this might be the best method to ensure you get the Area property

2- Ensuring that the “Island detection” setting on the hatch is “Normal” in the source data (in AutoCAD, see screenshot),

island-detection-style-acador in FME setting “autocad_hatch_style” to 0 in the workspace for example by using an AttributeManager.

Hopefully one of those workarounds get it working for you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @charry​,

I did some digging and it looks like there's a problem report filed for this problem, tracked internally as (FMEENGINE-62108) about FME writing out hatches without an Area property. Unfortunately there isn't a timeline yet on this issue for a fix but I've added a note and will let you know here when the issue has been addressed.

In the meantime there are two potential workarounds:

1- As @caracadrian​ had suggested to select/deselect/reselect the hatch, or editing the hatch will make the hatch pattern appear AND create the Area property. For you Charry, this might be the best method to ensure you get the Area property

2- Ensuring that the “Island detection” setting on the hatch is “Normal” in the source data (in AutoCAD, see screenshot),

island-detection-style-acador in FME setting “autocad_hatch_style” to 0 in the workspace for example by using an AttributeManager.

Hopefully one of those workarounds get it working for you!

Hi @charry​, I'm happy to update that (FMEENGINE-62108) has been resolved for FME 2024 and it's available in our beta downloads. There's a few more details in the thread that caracadrian linked above, but the hatch area should be readily available when your output is viewed in AutoCAD now.