Question

FeatureReader not processed on FME Server

• 23 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi together,

I have the strange problem that the FeatureReader transformer, which works fine in FME Desktop is not considered when running on FME Server. The input is a URL - the purpose of the feature reader is to download a dataset from the URL.

It worked already on FME Server - and stopped for some reason I simply don't know.

I have checked the log - the FeatureReader transformer was simply not run. It is not disabled. It is perfectly connected. But it does not run.

Is this a known problem - did any of you see the same?

FME Desktop and Server both are 2020!

3 replies

Userlevel 4

My first recommendation would be to insert a Logger just before the FeatureWriter, and to verify in the logs that the Logger, and therefore also the FeatureReader, was actually triggered by an incoming feature. If there are no incoming features, the FeatureReader won't do anything.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

The FeatureReader should work fine on FME Server, so it's likely there's something else going on. Off the top of my head there's a few things you can try:

• Can FME Server access that URL?
  • Can the URL be accessed at all?
  • Is the FeatureReader receiving an initiator feature?
Badge

My first recommendation would be to insert a Logger just before the FeatureWriter, and to verify in the logs that the Logger, and therefore also the FeatureReader, was actually triggered by an incoming feature. If there are no incoming features, the FeatureReader won't do anything.

Indeed - the logger does not return any URL.... strange. The httpcaller is not returning any response-body ... although on our other FME server, it does....very strange