Question

Is a 400 error with salesforce writer an issue with the data or on the salesforce permissions?

• 22 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I can read tables from salesforce without an issue so it's probably not a credentials problem. But I am trying to write a record from excel to a table in salesforce and I am getting a 400 error. The error messages are pretty vague, only that it fails to write and that the Create Job Must be a POST. Any idea what would cause this issue? Do I have too few fields in the table that would otherwise be required?

Received HTTP response header: 'HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request' from [salesforce instance here]

Salesforce: HTTP 400

SALESFORCE writer: A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

... Last line repeated 2 times ...

Translation FAILED with 5 error(s) and 1 warning(s) (1 feature(s) output)

<error xmlns="http://www.force.com/2009/06/asyncapi/dataload">

<exceptionCode>InvalidUrl</exceptionCode>

<exceptionMessage>Create Job must be a POST request</exceptionMessage>

</error>

2 replies

Badge +1

Looks like I had the wrong kind of account

I think the issue with your Salesforce writer and the 400 error may be related to the permissions on your account. Check this article on status code 400 explained to find more ways to solve this issue. Possibly, you don't have the necessary permissions to write records to the table in Salesforce. It's also possible that the issue could be related to the data itself, such as having too few fields in the table that would be required for the write to be successful. If you're unsure of what could be causing the issue, it may be helpful to check out the documentation on the Salesforce website or consult with their customer support team.