Solved

Weird issue, why does this happen ? Excel, WGS84 coordinate, VertexCreator, invalid parameter Y or X

• 22 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi

I want to know why this happens so I can correct it in the feature. I attached the example file "Excel" containing only one row so you can test for yourselfs.

In Excel both coordinates have comma.

excelWhen I use Excel Reader in FME it changes only attribute value for attribute aa to a dot. But for bb its still a comma.

fme_excelThis is maybe why I cant create a point using vertex creator, even tho I use string-replacer to change both values to dot or comma it refuses to create a point.

fme_screenshot 

This happens fairly often so It would be nice to know what cause this issue and how I can solve it.

It might be a bug or something to do with Excel. If I create a new excel file and manually enter every value then it suddenly works. But this is not something I can do with an Excel containing thousands of rows.

Iam using Fme 2020.2.5.0 Build 20827 - WIN64

icon

Best answer by danilo_fme 22 September 2021, 15:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @essb​ 

I used the transformer StringReplacer for replacer all attributes that has " , " change automatically for " . " .

After I used the transformer AttributeTrimmer for elimate spaces into attributes:

Workspace_String 

Attached the Workspace template (.FMWT ).

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Hi @essb​ 

I used the transformer StringReplacer for replacer all attributes that has " , " change automatically for " . " .

After I used the transformer AttributeTrimmer for elimate spaces into attributes:

Workspace_String 

Attached the Workspace template (.FMWT ).

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Ah, dumb me! it was a hidden character in front of 18,01757! I actually feel embarrassed now for not even thinking about that possibility :D

Thanks alot for solving it so fast. Now I know how to handle cases like this.

Problem solved.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Ah, dumb me! it was a hidden character in front of 18,01757! I actually feel embarrassed now for not even thinking about that possibility :D

Thanks alot for solving it so fast. Now I know how to handle cases like this.

Problem solved.

Thanks your reply! :)

I'm happy to help you!