Question

How we enable startup Python script after changing the python version?

• 17 September 2021
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

After change the version of WB from 2.7 to 3.6+, the startup python script doesn't work automatically. How we can enable it ? I changed the version of python script in both places (in translation part and Python compatibility part)

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @fahabibi​ , thanks for posting. I think we may need some more information to get a better idea of what is going on. Did you restart workbench after changing the Interpreter? What version of FME Workbench are you using? What do you mean by not running automatically? (As in the translation fails? If there's something in the startup or shutdown scripts, it should run with the workspace so this is quite odd). Was there any errors in your logfile you are able to share here? Here to help, Kailin.

Hello @fahabibi​ , thanks for posting. I think we may need some more information to get a better idea of what is going on. Did you restart workbench after changing the Interpreter? What version of FME Workbench are you using? What do you mean by not running automatically? (As in the translation fails? If there's something in the startup or shutdown scripts, it should run with the workspace so this is quite odd). Was there any errors in your logfile you are able to share here? Here to help, Kailin.

Hi kailinatsafe,

The version of FME Desktop is FME(R) 2018.1.0.3 (WIN64). after changing the Interpreter, I restarted the FME Workbench several times. it doesn't work yet.

For running automatically, I want to tell you that when we run WB, it should lance the code existing in Startup Python script and it doesn't run it. so I don't have any error message and I don't know why it doesn't work. When I change the version and I return 2.7, it works.

there is no error in log file, nothing special. Thanks a lot!

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hi kailinatsafe,

The version of FME Desktop is FME(R) 2018.1.0.3 (WIN64). after changing the Interpreter, I restarted the FME Workbench several times. it doesn't work yet.

For running automatically, I want to tell you that when we run WB, it should lance the code existing in Startup Python script and it doesn't run it. so I don't have any error message and I don't know why it doesn't work. When I change the version and I return 2.7, it works.

there is no error in log file, nothing special. Thanks a lot!

Hello again @fahabibi​ , no worries at all! Would you be able to share your Workbench and Startup Python Script here? Thanks, Kailin.