Question

Listing feature classes in a geodatabase, fields in the features class and domains in each field

• 16 September 2021
  • 3 replies

I am trying to list the feature classes in a gdb as well as the fields in each feature class. I would also like to know which fields have a domain and if possible what the domain is. I have managed to do create the list as I want using the FeatureReader and ListExpoder tranformers but I cant figure out how to include the domains. Tried ticking the "Resolve Domains" box in the FeatureReader but it doesnt work. I am writing to excel and would really appreciate some assistance.

Thank You!

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Not sure if this is helpful

https://community.safe.com/s/article/working-with-geodatabase-metadata-writing-to-xml

But worthi investigating ​

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

What version FME do you use? I have a 2019 workspace doing this correctly, but can't reproduce it in 2021.1...

As a workaround you can use Python ListDomains.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

What version FME do you use? I have a 2019 workspace doing this correctly, but can't reproduce it in 2021.1...

As a workaround you can use Python ListDomains.

Added an example workspace demonstrating this. My python skills are low so there are probably better ways to do this but it does work.