Solved

Automate Arcgis Online Feature to PDF Map

• 15 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +5

Hi!

I am working on trying to automate a fanout for individual maps based on one point layer in ArcGIS Online. The maps should show one point per PDF with parcels and streets labeled in the background. So far I have been able to have a one page write out per point feature but the scale in the PDFs is extremely zoomed out to the point where all the point features would be shown. Additionally, the parcels and streets don't show on every page unless the _order field is set to the same number as the point feature.

I am new to writing out PDFs and PDF transformers. I have tried using the PDFStyler, PDFPageFormatter, both Bounding Box transformers, and the sorter so far. I have tried to use the MapFormatter and was hoping if someone could tell me if that would be my best shot at getting the scales fixed.

My two questions are:

How do I set the scale for each individual PDF to be zoomed in to each point feature?

How do I Include the streets and parcels in the background with labels?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by debbiatsafe 18 September 2021, 02:54

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @kpyke5​ 

To set the scale for each PDF, set the format attribute pdf_world_rectangle. The format should be <lowerLeftX> <lowerLeftY> <upperRightX> <upperRightY> as noted in our documentation (eg. 0 0 100 100). One method of constructing the value is to subtract and add to the point feature's coordinates. The specific values would depend on the orientation and scale you want displayed in the PDF.

To include the streets and parcels features in each PDF (ie. with each point feature), the background features would have to contain the same value as the ArcGIS point features' fanout attribute. One idea would be to use a SpatialFilter or NeighbourFinder to identify which features are within the general vicinity of a point feature. This would also transfer attribute(s) from the point feature to use for the fanout.