Solved

Facing errors when connecting to Teradata server using JDBC for reading/writing non spatial data

• 9 September 2021
  • 3 replies

I am using Teradata JDBC4 Jar file placed in folder path of FME, when provided JDBC connection String like "jdbc:teradata://servername/DATABASE=DB_NAME"

the libraries are getting loaded correctly but unable to establish connection.

Attached error screen snippets

icon

Best answer by debbiatsafe 11 September 2021, 02:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @rn757d​: I searched Error 8017 The UserId, Password or Account is invalid on the Teradata forums and came across their troubleshooting doc which provides some potential causes and solutions (look under Troubleshooting Security): https://teradata-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/doc/connectivity/jdbc/reference/current/jdbcug_chapter_5.html

Let us know if you have any luck.

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Posting what helped in case it can be useful to other users running into a similar error.

Since the error indicates the user id, password, or account is invalid, check if they are correct (eg. typos) and if they can be used to connect to the database outside of FME. 

If they are correct and you can connect outside of FME, try to connect using a JDBC connection string (found under the Advanced section).

TeradataConnectionStringFor Teradata, a basic connection string would look something like this:

jdbc:teradata://<hostname>/DATABASE=<dbName>,DBS_PORT=<port>,USER=<username>,PASSWORD=<password>,CHARSET=UTF8

Note the default port number is 1025.

Posting what helped in case it can be useful to other users running into a similar error.

Since the error indicates the user id, password, or account is invalid, check if they are correct (eg. typos) and if they can be used to connect to the database outside of FME. 

If they are correct and you can connect outside of FME, try to connect using a JDBC connection string (found under the Advanced section).

TeradataConnectionStringFor Teradata, a basic connection string would look something like this:

jdbc:teradata://<hostname>/DATABASE=<dbName>,DBS_PORT=<port>,USER=<username>,PASSWORD=<password>,CHARSET=UTF8

Note the default port number is 1025.

Yep this worked for me - Thanks for the reply