Question

Apply border style only on bottom with ExelStyler

• 9 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +11

In the ExcelStyler, it is possible to add a border style to a row.  It gets a value like:

version<semicolon>1<semicolon>cell_border_style<semicolon>BORDERSTYLE_THICK<semicolon>cell_border_color<semicolon>0<comma>0<comma>0

However, I only want to apply it to the bottom of that row, which is not available in the interface. Does anyone know whether it is a possibility to extend the current formatting value and apply the border style to the bottom only?

Maybe something similar to:

cell_border_type<semicolon>BOTTOM<semicolon>

but then with the right values

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @Jelle De Zwaef​, unfortunately as far as I know there is no way to force the ExcelStyler to only apply a border style to only one side of a cell/row. 

This functionality could be something that other users may also be looking for in FME. If you haven’t yet, I recommend checking out the FME Community Ideas where you could submit an idea that other users can vote for & comment on. If it gets popular, it might even be reviewed by Safers and considered for development! 

Badge +11

Hi @Jelle De Zwaef​, unfortunately as far as I know there is no way to force the ExcelStyler to only apply a border style to only one side of a cell/row. 

This functionality could be something that other users may also be looking for in FME. If you haven’t yet, I recommend checking out the FME Community Ideas where you could submit an idea that other users can vote for & comment on. If it gets popular, it might even be reviewed by Safers and considered for development! 

Hi @danminneyatsaf​ , thank you for your answer. I'll post the idea on the forum