Solved

Balcony thickness calculate

• 8 September 2021
  • 5 replies

balcony_thicknessI have balcony drawings as attached files two sample data. I want to calculate the thickness of the balconies as seen in the picture. is there a transformer for that?

icon

Best answer by nielsgerrits 8 September 2021, 14:53

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

I can think of a way, success depends on the complexity of the geometry. Explode the polylines into lines, get the midpoints from the lines and find the closes lines, not the source line itself.

• Chopper to create lines with 2 vertices.
  • CenterPointReplacer to convert to midpoints.
  • NeighborFinder to find closes lines to points. Number of Neighbors to find = 2. Generate Closest Candidates List.
  • ListExploder to go from list to features.
  • Tester to remove all results with _distance = 0, these are the original lines.
  • Now you have multiple widths. You can draw those using VertexCreators and the closest_base / closest_candidate attributes.
Userlevel 6
Badge +31

I can think of a way, success depends on the complexity of the geometry. Explode the polylines into lines, get the midpoints from the lines and find the closes lines, not the source line itself.

• Chopper to create lines with 2 vertices.
  • CenterPointReplacer to convert to midpoints.
  • NeighborFinder to find closes lines to points. Number of Neighbors to find = 2. Generate Closest Candidates List.
  • ListExploder to go from list to features.
  • Tester to remove all results with _distance = 0, these are the original lines.
  • Now you have multiple widths. You can draw those using VertexCreators and the closest_base / closest_candidate attributes.

Added sample workspace.

Added sample workspace.

Thank for attention. But it also works on balcony corners and i don't want that. Can you use the examples i attached?

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Added sample workspace.

I would exclude short lines from the analysis. Shorter than 0.3m worked fine for your samples. But feel free to experiment what works best yourself.

• LengthCalculator after the Chopper
  • Tester after the LengthCalculator, _length > 0.3

2021-09-08_14h53_03

Added sample workspace.

This looks like it is works . Thank you