Solved

How to set up a coordinate systems short list as user parameter

• 7 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +11

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering how to set up a short list of coordinate systems by the new Manage attribute window. In fact I'm missing the Import-Button that has been there until FME 2020, when creating a Choice with Alias User Parameter. The Import-button now automatically opens up a reader defintion.

When I use the Coordinate Systems User Parameter type, no choice-list can be created.

Is it really impossible to complete this task or am I missing something obvious? (Hopefully the latter :-) )

Any hints are welcome! Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by redgeographics 7 September 2021, 15:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Which version of FME are you using? The option to import coordinate system (and format) names was indeed missing in early FME 2021 builds but according to the changelog that was fixed in build 214554 (April 15th)

Badge +11

I'm currently on build 20210429 - Build 21321 - WIN64. But it's good to know that it has been fixed, so it should only be a question of some months until the next release will be provided in my organisation. Unfortunately it's impossible to update independently due to lack of permission. Thanks for immediate answering my question!