Question

Aggregator messes up coordinate index of a line, Dissolver of Arcmap delivers correct indexes

• 2 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hi,

i want the start and endpoint of a line. So I use a Coordinateextractor and with coordinate index 0 I get the start and with -1 the endpoint. Normally it works fine but I have a line and suddenly the endpoint is somewhere in the line. I found out that the line was aggregated with FME and this somehow mixes the parts and the indexes of the line, so the endpoint is now in the line. In the help of the aggregator is listed: If the order of individual geometry parts within the resulting aggregate is important, you can first route the features through a Sorter. But I don’t have attributes to sort the line.

If I use the dissolve function of Arcmap the line is dissolved correctly. So is there a way with FME to get a aggregated line where the coordinate index of start is 0 and coordinate index -1 is the end at the correct position?

1 reply

Badge +2

@clemensb​ Can you use the LineCombiner? This will combine line segments into a single line. Under the Advanced Parameters, you can select Preserve Lines As Path Segments: Yes to preserve the original line segments.