Solved

Is it possible to attach a file with an unknown filename to the Email External Action?

• 1 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I'm trying to attach a file to the Email External Action in an Automation that always has a different filename (date/time) but is in the same location, and is the only file in the folder. I've added this folder as a resource and tried to use a * wildcard but it fails to send the email. If I give the exact filename, the email sends successfully with the attachment. Also, I can do this successfully using the Emailer transformer in a Workspace and feeding it the exact name via a Text File Reader, but I'd rather use the External Action in Automations if possible.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 1 September 2021, 19:20

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @timboberoosky​ ,

The Email External Action does not currently support using a wildcard in the Email Attachment file path. FME Server sees the asterisk as an illegal character that invalidates the path. In my testing, the email will still send successfully but without the file attached.

Please consider posting an idea to request an enhancement to support this.

Badge +2

Hi @timboberoosky​ ,

The Email External Action does not currently support using a wildcard in the Email Attachment file path. FME Server sees the asterisk as an illegal character that invalidates the path. In my testing, the email will still send successfully but without the file attached.

Please consider posting an idea to request an enhancement to support this.

Thanks @hollyatsafe​ . I can use the Workspace itself to send the email, it just would have been simpler to do it right in the Email External Action. I'll post an idea as suggested.

Thanks!