Solved

hello experts, I am trying to make my workbench output the result data into an already existing folder of the same name as the data file. How can I implement something like this?

• 31 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

I have attached the actual workbench below. SO in more detail, what I am trying to do is to output fanned out (by council name) shape files and GDBs to an already existing folder (of the same name as the council name attribute) on a drive somewhere.

Is there a way to direct the output data to go into the different council folders when this workbench is run for all councils?

The intention is to place this in the server and then schedule it to run on a quarterly basis.

any thoughts?

thanking you in advance.

icon

Best answer by virtualcitymatt 31 August 2021, 09:34

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Yes, should be doable - Check out Dataset Fanout: https://community.safe.com/s/article/fanout-1

This is probably the easiest method.

Another good option if the fanout option isn't doing what you want is to swap out the traditional writers for FeatureWriters. The output location can be easier to handle in the FeatureWriter and seems more flexible.

Badge +6

thanks virtualcitymatt, I had seen that link before. however, I couldn't achieve the outcome i was looking for. Not to worry though as I think I will change my approach.

thank you for your help anyway. At least I have learned to use the featurewriter transformer.

cheers.