Question

Identify the duplicate points within 30m buffer with the same attributes

• 27 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi, just learning FME.

I would like to know what transformers to use when I need the ff:

1. Identify points that are near each other (points within 30m buffer)
  2. Identify the similar attributes of the points within that 30m buffer

The goal is to know the potential duplicate points based on XY and other attributes. Thank you!

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @lyon​ 

The FME is fantastic.

Answer your questions:

1) The transformer NeighborFinder has a configuration called Maximum Distance that you can set what value that you want:

NeighborFinder 

2) About similar attributes: you can configure the same transformer ( NeighborFinder ) to do this operation . You select the attributes that you want - option GroupBy.

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Badge

Hi @lyon​ 

The FME is fantastic.

Answer your questions:

1) The transformer NeighborFinder has a configuration called Maximum Distance that you can set what value that you want:

NeighborFinder 

2) About similar attributes: you can configure the same transformer ( NeighborFinder ) to do this operation . You select the attributes that you want - option GroupBy.

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Hello Danilo,

Thanks for your reply.

Follow up question is:

Maximum Distance is based on what measurement? (meters, kilometers, etc) How can I change the type of measurement?

Badge +2

Hello Danilo,

Thanks for your reply.

Follow up question is:

Maximum Distance is based on what measurement? (meters, kilometers, etc) How can I change the type of measurement?

@lyon​ the distance is based on the current units of measure of your data, based on the coordinate system / projection you're using. If your data is in latlong, then you might need to reproject (Reprojector) to a projected coordinate system like UTM