Question

In need distance from axis to road edge other is slope in percent(%) from axis to road edge , every 12.5m distance input is drawing file.

• 26 August 2021
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

In need distance from axis to road edge other is slope in percent(%) from axis to road edge , every 12.5m distance input is drawing file.

4 replies

Badge

Hi @bino​ !

Here is what I suggest to you:

1. Split your lines every 12.5m using the lineDivider (from the FME Hub). Be sure your data are in a coordinate system that uses meters.
  2. Once your lines are split, extract the coordinates of the starts points of all your lines (using a coordinate extractor at position 0)
  3. Use a vertex creator in mode "replace with points" to create a point at each start point of all your lines.
  4. Use a neighborFinder to find the distance between your extracted point from the axis and the right/left side of the road.
  5. At this point you'll have the distance from the axis to both sides of the road. You'll be able to retrieve the geometry if you added a geometryExtractor before all those steps (by using a geometryReplacer).

If you have any questions related to this explanation, do not hesitate. Also, if you have some more trouble, do not hesitate to share your workspace here, with a data sample (if possible).

Have a great day!

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @bino​ !

1. Split your lines every 12.5m using the lineDivider (from the FME Hub). Be sure your data are in a coordinate system that uses meters.
  2. Once your lines are split, extract the coordinates of the starts points of all your lines (using a coordinate extractor at position 0)
  3. Use a vertex creator in mode "replace with points" to create a point at each start point of all your lines.
  4. Use a neighborFinder to find the distance between your extracted point from the axis and the right/left side of the road.
  5. At this point you'll have the distance from the axis to both sides of the road. You'll be able to retrieve the geometry if you added a geometryExtractor before all those steps (by using a geometryReplacer).

If you have any questions related to this explanation, do not hesitate. Also, if you have some more trouble, do not hesitate to share your workspace here, with a data sample (if possible).

Have a great day!

Great explanation @theodrogo​ 

Hi @bino​ !

Have a great day!

Thank you, for your suggestion.

I will sent file.

Badge

Thank you, for your suggestion.

I will sent file.

@bino​ can you also show us what you tried to do ? Your FMW file ?

Where is located your issue ? At what step ?