Solved

Folder structure returned in the zip file from FME Servers Data Download Service?

• 25 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Hallo! I'm trying to set the folders in the zip-file for my data download service, as discribed in this question It works the first time I set the folders.

But when I need to do a change in the zip-file order, the value of the 'Path to zip-file' are 'stuck'. Even if I edit them, they go back to the value they were initially set to. How do I get around this?

Best regards

Kicki M

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 25 August 2021, 22:10

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hmm, sounds like a bug, I've actually has something similar happend and blamed myself for doing something wrong. You might want to file a support ticket (if it is indeed a bug). You can try and reproduce it with a simple workspace to see if you get the same issues that you're seeing with this workspace.

Badge +2

Hi @krimar​ ,

What version of FME are you using? This was a known issue in FME 2020 where the zip path would be stuck with whatever value was set the first time the workspace was published. This was resolved in 2020.0 b20176 and 2021.0 b21036 and newer.

I believe it was possible to work around this issue by deleting and re-adding the writer, then publish the workspace again making sure to update the file in zip path on the first publish with this new writer.

Hi @hollyatsafe thanks for your reply.

We are using

FME-workbench 2020.2.3.0  (20210129 - Build 20820 - WIN64).

FME Server 2020.2.3 Build 20820 - win64

I tried your workaround deleting and re-adding the writer. Unfortunately it did not work.

Hmm, sounds like a bug, I've actually has something similar happend and blamed myself for doing something wrong. You might want to file a support ticket (if it is indeed a bug). You can try and reproduce it with a simple workspace to see if you get the same issues that you're seeing with this workspace.

Hallo @virtualcitymatt​ 

Thanks for your relply, I already tried with at simpler workspace and the result is the same.

I recognize the feeling that is must be me not FME...

Badge +2

Hi @hollyatsafe thanks for your reply.

We are using

FME-workbench 2020.2.3.0  (20210129 - Build 20820 - WIN64).

FME Server 2020.2.3 Build 20820 - win64

I tried your workaround deleting and re-adding the writer. Unfortunately it did not work.

Hi @krimar​ ,

What format are you working with? I'll have to do some testing and get back to you.

Hi @krimar​ ,

What format are you working with? I'll have to do some testing and get back to you.

I'm working with filecopy and generic writer.

I have found a workaround! Copy & Paste!

I just copied alla transformes, readers and writers and pasted them in to a new workspace.

Badge +2

Hi @krimar​ ,

Hi @krimar​ ,

Aha, glad you found a workaround. I've not been able to reproduce the error with either of these formats. I wonder if the workspace was first created and published in an older version where the issue existed?

If you try creating a new workspace in 2020.2.3.0, publish the workspace to FME Server, then go back and publish again this time changing the zip path, do you encounter the problem?

Hi @krimar​ ,

This is a really old workspace. It was first published to FME-server in 2013. At that point I used python to script the catalog structure of the zip-file.

I still experience the same issue with the workspace I created for the workaround; once the folders are set I can not change them.