Solved

How do I configure dashboards

• 25 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi

When I run the workspace "JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw" I only get a csv file, nothing shows up in dashboard in FME server.

Do I need to put all other workspaces "the ones that generate a html file" on schedule aswell? I mean the "AverageRunningTime,DailyAverageQuedTime,DailyTotalJobs,DailyTotalRunningTime,FailuresByWorkspace".

Iam sure I read somewhere that everything is preconfigured so you just need to schedule 1 workspace and then all dashboards are generated at once and shows up in dashboard. But I cant find any option to do that, nothing in automations or schedule or anything. The only thing I find In schedule is "DashboardStatisticsGathering" wich triggers the "JobHistoryStatisticsGathering workspace" and also creates a notification "GENERATE_DASHBOARD".

So I need some clarification in how to get the dashboards working without the need to put all workspaces on schedule, if that's possible.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 25 August 2021, 22:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Have you tried the suggestions here:

https://community.safe.com/s/article/fme-server-troubleshooting-fme-server-dashboards

Badge +2

Hi @essb​ ,

The JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw pulls all the Job History information using the REST API and stores it in a CSV file. Then the other workspaces in the Dashboards repository (AverageRunningTime, DailyAverageQueudTime, DailyTotalJobs, DailyTotalRunningTime, FailuresByWorkspace) use this CSV file as the source dataset to generate HTML reports that are stored in Resources > Dashboards > dashboards and presented on the Dashboards page of the Web UI.

By default, FME Server is shipped with a Schedule that will run JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw once a day and on successful completion of the job, this will notify a topic. All the other workspaces are set up to run in response to the topic as subscriptions.

The schedule is disabled by default, to use this you must not only enable the schedule but also update the schedule published parameters with your FME Server username and password.

If you are running JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw via the Schedule and the remaining dashboard workspaces are not being triggered this is where you should focus your troubleshooting efforts. On top of the troubleshooting article, David shared I'd suggest you start by testing the GENERATE_DASHBOARD topic, do the workspaces get triggered?

• If they are not on the Jobs Completed page do you see them on the Queued page?
  • If there is no record in the job history, can you check the subscriptions with the prefix Dashboards_ and make sure they are all subscribed to the topic?

Hi @essb​ ,

The JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw pulls all the Job History information using the REST API and stores it in a CSV file. Then the other workspaces in the Dashboards repository (AverageRunningTime, DailyAverageQueudTime, DailyTotalJobs, DailyTotalRunningTime, FailuresByWorkspace) use this CSV file as the source dataset to generate HTML reports that are stored in Resources > Dashboards > dashboards and presented on the Dashboards page of the Web UI.

By default, FME Server is shipped with a Schedule that will run JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw once a day and on successful completion of the job, this will notify a topic. All the other workspaces are set up to run in response to the topic as subscriptions.

The schedule is disabled by default, to use this you must not only enable the schedule but also update the schedule published parameters with your FME Server username and password.

If you are running JobHistoryStatisticsGathering.fmw via the Schedule and the remaining dashboard workspaces are not being triggered this is where you should focus your troubleshooting efforts. On top of the troubleshooting article, David shared I'd suggest you start by testing the GENERATE_DASHBOARD topic, do the workspaces get triggered?

• If they are not on the Jobs Completed page do you see them on the Queued page?
  • If there is no record in the job history, can you check the subscriptions with the prefix Dashboards_ and make sure they are all subscribed to the topic?

Thanks, this solved the issue!

I missed the fact that the other workspaces listened to the topic :)