Solved

FME Python startup script - module not found error

• 24 August 2021
  • 1 reply

I have been tasked with reviewing another person's FME workbench, which contains a Python start-up script.

When I try and run this script (from a PythonCaller transformer) I am receiving the following error i.e. Python Exception <ModuleNotFoundError>: No module named 'fmeutilities' and

ERROR |Error executing string `#global scope variable definitions / initialisations.

The script is trying to import the modules 'fmeutilities' and 'fmeoutput' amongst others, which cannot be found on the server that the workbench is running on.

I'm not sure if these need to be added via a localised install of Python or not? I can find an fmeobjects module on my server i.e. in the C:\\Program Files\\FME\\fmeobjects\\python37 folder) but non of the other modules the script is trying to import.

I am using FME Desktop v2021.1 and the workspace python compatibility setting is set to Python 2.7 and 3 (see attached screenshots for more information).

If someone can assist and explain why the error may be occurring that would be much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by david_r 24 August 2021, 11:38

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4

Honestly it looks like you're missing these Python modules that, as far as I can tell, are not part of a standard FME installation. You should probably approach the developer of the workspace and ask for the necessary modules.