Question

Attribute Validator "In" List Validation

• 13 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am using the attribute validator to test a list of pavement marking line marking types coming from a AutoDesk SDF. The validator is throwing false errors when I use the "In" Validation

The list of values in the rule configuration are: Broken 1-1,Broken 1-8,Broken 3-3,Broken 3-6,Broken 3-9,Double Solid,Simultaneous Solid/Brkn-1,Simultaneous Solid/Brkn-2,Solid

Everytime I run my workbench Broken 3-3 is reported as an error even though I've verified that the spelling is correct.

I've also tried subbing out the commas with double quotes and it doesn't seem to work either.

4 replies

Badge +2

@chris_rmw​ I reproduced your issue (attached FME 2021.1). The problem is that In can also include ranges - see the Validation Rules in the AttributeValidator docs.  FME is picking up the 3-3 as a range instead of including it in the "Broken 3-3". You can workaround the issue by quoting the problem In values (which seems to be most of them).

Broken 1-1,Broken 1-8,"Broken 3-3",Broken 3-6,Broken 3-9,Double Solid,Simultaneous Solid/Brkn-1,Simultaneous Solid/Brkn-2,Solid

We'll see if we can get this fixed. 

Badge +2

example in FME 2021.1

Badge +1

@Mark Stoakes​ Thanks that fixed my issue!

@chris_rmw​ I reproduced your issue (attached FME 2021.1). The problem is that In can also include ranges - see the Validation Rules in the AttributeValidator docs.  FME is picking up the 3-3 as a range instead of including it in the "Broken 3-3". You can workaround the issue by quoting the problem In values (which seems to be most of them).

Broken 1-1,Broken 1-8,"Broken 3-3",Broken 3-6,Broken 3-9,Double Solid,Simultaneous Solid/Brkn-1,Simultaneous Solid/Brkn-2,Solid

We'll see if we can get this fixed. 

@markatsafe did this ever get fixed?