Question

I'm having trouble trying to push the contents of a CSV file stored in an AzureBlobStorage environment into a SQL DB Table.

• 12 August 2021
  • 1 reply

FME_Azure1I'm having trouble trying to push the contents of a CSV file stored in an AzureBlobStorage enviornment into a SQL DB Table. I can download the CSV file directly using the AzureBlobStorageConnector, but I'd like to be able to d it all without creating the temporary file that would normally result. I'm trying to download as an attribute which seems to work, but I can't get the data out of the resulting list as it ends up with a single column from listExploder with all the contents and the index for each element from the file in their own rows.

e.g.

_list _element_index

col1_name 0

col2_name 1

col3_name 2

col1_value1 3

col2_value1 4

col3_value1 5

col1_value2 6

col2_value2 7

col3_value2 8

Note in the image, there are 161,631 records output by the ListExploder, from a file with 11,545 rows (including header) of data and 14 columns of attributes in the CSV.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

What I did in this case:

• TempPathnameCreator to create temporary DownloadFolder.
  • Download file to folder @Value(DownloadFolder).
  • FeatureReader to read file in @Value(DownloadFolder). I know you can't select the attribute but just entering @Value(DownloadFolder) in the field works fine.
  • etc.