Solved

Is there a way to publish an FME Server application to a public website that is in cPanel?

• 10 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I would like to know if there is any way that I can host an Fme Server application on my organization's website (for example) that is published using cPanel. What I would like to do is that through a public website, some of our clients can access a server application. I know that I can connect some other web application to the fme server using rest API or url webhooks if the server has a public IP address, which can be accessed from an external network. Can anyone enlighten me on this issue? I am just getting started in web development and these questions come to mind. Thanks

icon

Best answer by david_r 11 August 2021, 16:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4

I have no idea about cPanel, but you should be able to embed an FME Server app into e.g. an iframe in your html code.

Badge +1

I have no idea about cPanel, but you should be able to embed an FME Server app into e.g. an iframe in your html code.

Thanks @david_r​ I am testing it, but for having that app working my FME Server need to be in a publicly available network, right?

Userlevel 4

Thanks @david_r​ I am testing it, but for having that app working my FME Server need to be in a publicly available network, right?

FME Server needs to be reachable by the (frontend) users, yes. It doesn't have to be public, however, that depends on your users. Otherwise you'll have to include some proxy or forwarding functionality on your back-end.

Badge +1

Thanks for the information @david_r​ I will continue learning on web development and deployment of fme server apps.