Question

Trouble Uploading File to SFTP via FME Server

• 9 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I have an FTP Caller which works fine to upload a file to an SFTP connection using FME Desktop (on version 2019.2).

imgHowever, on FME server (version 2019.2) it fails with this error:

img2With guidance from this post: https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q00008B1IFh/problem-with-ftpcaller-and-sftp I also tried publishing the workspace in a newer version (2020.1) and running in on FME Server (2019.1 and 2021.1) but without success.

Any help?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Does your server have the required (s)ftp ports open? The defaults are 20,21,22.

Does your server have the required (s)ftp ports open? The defaults are 20,21,22.

Note that the OP tries to upload through SFTP to an external SFTP server from a Workbench running on an FME Server. This means the connection is outbound which should not require any ports to open (?).

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Note that the OP tries to upload through SFTP to an external SFTP server from a Workbench running on an FME Server. This means the connection is outbound which should not require any ports to open (?).

Its still worth checking. I've worked in numerous environments where all communication (in and out) is closed by default and any communication channel needed to be manually opened

Note that the OP tries to upload through SFTP to an external SFTP server from a Workbench running on an FME Server. This means the connection is outbound which should not require any ports to open (?).

The FME Administrator of the OP here. The outgoing port(s) seems to be fully open. 

PORT   STATE SERVICE
22/tcp open  ssh
21/tcp open  ftp
20/tcp open  ftp-data