Solved

FMEServerJobSubmitter unable to connect to FME Server

Hello,

After upgrading FME Server from 2019 to 2020 on Linux, i do have this message when i try to launch an FMEJobSubmitter :

1062021-8-5 17:39:57 | FMEServerJobSubmitter (ServerFactory): https://myserver.fr - Failed to submit request to run workspace 'Integration_Classeur_Affaire.fmw' in repository 'Affaire'1072021-8-5 17:39:57 | FMEServerJobSubmitter (ServerFactory): Reason - unable to connect to FME Server 'https://myserver.fr'

Regards,

Stephane

icon

Best answer by hollyatsafe 10 January 2022, 23:59

View original

18 replies

FMEServerJobSubmitter only works when i use "embed connection parameters"...

Badge +2

FMEServerJobSubmitter only works when i use "embed connection parameters"...

Hi @stephaneo​ ,

If you go to FME Options > Web Connections and try to authenticate your FME Server connection from there does it work?

After the upgrade did you reconfigure for HTTPS, change your password, or anything else that could mean the saved connection details are no longer correct?

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, authentication works from FME Options.

Yes, i did reconfigure HTTPS, i did setup the same old password.

I also tried to delete this web connection from FME Server and republish but no success.

Badge +2

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, authentication works from FME Options.

Yes, i did reconfigure HTTPS, i did setup the same old password.

I also tried to delete this web connection from FME Server and republish but no success.

Hi @stephaneo​ ,

Thanks for checking. Just to confirm does this error only happen when you publish and run the workspace containing the FMEServerJobSubmitter to your FME Server? If you try and run the workspace from FME Desktop do you get the same error or does it work?

Hi,

Yes, this only happen when i run the workspace containing the FMEServerJobSubmitter.

Maybe, i will try to update this transformer with last Workbench edition.

I'll keep you informed...

Badge +2

Hi,

Yes, this only happen when i run the workspace containing the FMEServerJobSubmitter.

Maybe, i will try to update this transformer with last Workbench edition.

I'll keep you informed...

Hi @stephaneo​ ,

I also wanted to check if your FME Server is set up to use a proxy (https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/AdminGuide/Using_FME_Server_with_Proxy_Server.htm)?

Hi @stephaneo​ ,

I also wanted to check if your FME Server is set up to use a proxy (https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/AdminGuide/Using_FME_Server_with_Proxy_Server.htm)?

Hi,

We do not use proxy.

Hi @stephaneo​ ,

Hi stephaneo and all,

we have the same problem after upgrading from 2020 to 2021. In FME Desktop everything is fine but after running of FMEServerJobSubmitter on FMEServer the job fails.

Is this a bug or what about backward compatibility? We can not immediately install FME Desktop 2020 but I suppose that it's necessary to Upgrade the FMEServerJobSubmitter?

Do you have a solution to solve the problem?

Best regards,

Matthias

Hi @stephaneo​ ,

sorry, we can not immediately install FME Desktop 2021 ^^

Hi,

Edit all your workspace and use "embed connection parameters"

Hi,

Hi,

but this is just a workaround, we want to use the central configuration (web connection).

I think you know the disadvantage of embedded connection. I can not understand why this is not working in the new version (FME Desktop 2020 and FME Server 2021). I also replaced / deleted the connection on FME Server and it's not working.

Best regards,

Matthias

Hi,

but this is just a workaround, we want to use the central configuration (web connection).

I think you know the disadvantage of embedded connection. I can not understand why this is not working in the new version (FME Desktop 2020 and FME Server 2021). I also replaced / deleted the connection on FME Server and it's not working.

Best regards,

Matthias

@safe: Yes, we use a proxy, what is the difference between web connection 2020 and 2021? Also with FME Desktop 2021 and FME Server 2021 it's not working, only by using embedded connection.

Hi,

@hollyatsafe​ do you know, if this is/will be fixed in a newer version of FME Server? Because embedding all connections would not be our most favorite way to deal with this issue.

Badge +2

@hollyatsafe​ do you know, if this is/will be fixed in a newer version of FME Server? Because embedding all connections would not be our most favorite way to deal with this issue.

Hi @florenz​ ​,

cc @stephaneo​ , @mattenp​ 

Thank you for tagging me - I’m sorry I missed the latest chatter on this thread. I have spoken with a colleague and he made me aware of an issue that I think is likely the cause of the problem you are all encountering.

A new parameter ‘Verify SSL Certificates’ was introduced for the FME Server Web Connection configuration in FME Desktop 2021. Unfortunately, this parameter isn’t currently exposed in the FME Server Web UI (the internal reference tracking this is FMESERVER-16742) and in FME Server, the value set for this parameter is being saved in the Web Service definition rather than the individual connection. It appears that for any web connections that were restored from an older version of FME this parameter is being set to ‘Yes’ by default. Since it’s set in the web service definition, any new FME Server connections published in 2021 after a restore will also try to verify SSL certificates even if this is explicitly set to no in the connection details because it is using the Web Service that was defined by the restore from 2020 or older. Embedding the connection details resolves the problem because you are no longer using the web service definition to submit the authorization request. 

There are a couple of ways you can workaround this problem: 

Option 1: Import your SSL Certificate via Internet Options. First, export your certificate as Base 64 encoded following the first four steps on this article. Then, from the machine FME Server is installed on search for Internet Options > Content > Certificates > Import and run through this wizard, selecting the .cer file you just downloaded as the one to import. You should restart your browser and then try running your job again. The FMEServerJobSubmitter should now work. 

Option 2: Delete the Web Service Definition from FME Server through Web Connections > Manage Services > Remove (Note this will also remove any existing Web Connections) and then republish a connection from FME Server 2021 or newer. This will reload the Web Service so that the Verify SSL parameter is correctly set to ‘No’ in the definition. You can then re-perform your restore to import any other FME Server connections that may have been removed (make sure overwrite is not checked, so the web service definition isn’t reverted back). 

Please let me know if you have any further problems after working through either of these options.

Hi @hollyatsafe​ ,

i can confirm, that Option 2 worked for us!

Thanks a lot :-)

Badge +2

Great! I've created a new article to better document this issue as well: https://community.safe.com/s/article/FMEJobSubmitter-unable-to-connect-to-FME-Server-after-upgrading-to-2021-x

Badge

Hi All, I have the same problem after upgrading from 2021.1 to 2021.2.

replacing web connection with embeded connection is not an option for me. Is this a bug?

Any news?

Cheers

.JP

Hi All, I have the same problem after upgrading from 2021.1 to 2021.2.

replacing web connection with embeded connection is not an option for me. Is this a bug?

Any news?

Cheers

.JP

Hi jpvo,

yes it's a known issue, but there is a workaround. https://community.safe.com/s/article/FMEJobSubmitter-unable-to-connect-to-FME-Server-after-upgrading-to-2021-x Option 2 was the best for us.

Best regards,

Matthias