Question

Email Not Being Sent From Scheduler

• 2 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a workspace that I published to FME Server (2020.2.4) that contains an Emailer transformer. The email sends correctly from when I run the workspace in Workbench and also when I run the workspace in FME Server. But when I create a schedule for this workspace and run the workspace from the Scheduler the email is not sent.

Do I need to do some additional steps or configuration to get the Emailer to work from the Scheduler?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Pretty strange indeed. How is the emailer configured? does it use any published parameters? What is the log message?

Badge

Pretty strange indeed. How is the emailer configured? does it use any published parameters? What is the log message?

Hi,

There are no published parameters. There are no warnings or errors in the logs and the logs just do not contain any information about the emailer running.

I re-published the service this morning and it now works from the scheduler even though I did not make any changes to the workspace, service, or schedule - strange.

I will keep my fingers crossed and maybe it will continue to work.

Thanks for you response,

David

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi,

There are no published parameters. There are no warnings or errors in the logs and the logs just do not contain any information about the emailer running.

I re-published the service this morning and it now works from the scheduler even though I did not make any changes to the workspace, service, or schedule - strange.

I will keep my fingers crossed and maybe it will continue to work.

Thanks for you response,

David

That pesky ghost in the machine! Perhaps the other emails just got stuck in the spam folder?