Question

Getting a permission error when using window task scheduler, but not when running FME desktop manually.

• 3 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello,

Our

organization has a server specifically set up to run FME desktop workbenches. We

have made the GIS connections public and have made every effort to have the

same user that saved the workbench also be the user that is triggering the

windows task scheduler. There is an excel file that is located on another

server that FME can access when the workbench is run manually. However, when it

is run with window task scheduler there are two errors.

2021-07-30

12:01:24|  7.9| 0.0|ERROR |Excel Reader: Failed to open the

dataset '\\\\vmcognos\\GIS\\COT Inter Department Meters Consumption Accts-en-us.xlsx'. Error

message was 'Permission denied.' 

2021-07-30

12:01:24|  7.9| 0.0|STATS |Stored 1007 feature(s) to FME feature

store file

`C:\\Users\\COTAGS~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\CIS_GIS_Bridge_EDITSDE_GISFCTableCreation_PROD_120104\\inspector.ffs'

2021-07-30

12:01:24|  7.9| 0.0|INFORM|Saving spatial index into file

'C:\\Users\\COTAGS~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\CIS_GIS_Bridge_EDITSDE_GISFCTableCreation_PROD_120104\\inspector.fsi'

2021-07-30

12:01:24|  7.9| 0.0|INFORM|Finished saving spatial index into

file 'C:\\Users\\COTAGS~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\CIS_GIS_Bridge_EDITSDE_GISFCTableCreation_PROD_120104\\inspector.fsi'

2021-07-30

12:01:24|  7.9| 0.0|INFORM|Excel Reader: Closing dataset

'\\\\vmcognos\\GIS\\COT Inter Department Meters Consumption Accts-en-us.xlsx'...

2021-07-30

12:01:24|  7.9| 0.0|INFORM|Styles created: 21

2021-07-30

12:01:24|  7.9| 0.0|INFORM|Excel Reader: Closing dataset

'\\\\vmcognos\\GIS\\COT Inter Department Meters Consumption Accts-en-us.xlsx'...

2021-07-30

12:01:24|  7.9| 0.0|ERROR |A fatal error has occurred. Check the

logfile above for details

2021-07-30

12:01:24|  7.9| 0.0|INFORM|Translation FAILED with 2 error(s)

and 2 warning(s) (0 feature(s) output)

I

have uploaded the complete log file in case this provides more information.

5 replies

Badge +8

Hi @lmawhinney7175​ 

If you are running FME Workbench via Task Scheduler, the user running the Task needs permission to access the UNC path. On General Tab --> Security Options --> Change User or Group

Ensure that the User Account has sufficient permission to access the network path see below.

TaskSchedular_RunAs

Badge

Thank you for suggesting we check the user account in task scheduler. As I understand it, this user has permission to the network path and is the same user for the FME workbench. Any other thoughts?

Badge +8

Thank you for suggesting we check the user account in task scheduler. As I understand it, this user has permission to the network path and is the same user for the FME workbench. Any other thoughts?

hi @lmawhinney7175​ 

I was wondering if you were able to resolve the issue or still having the issue. We can definitely try to troubleshoot this via a support ticket.

Hey devs, i guess the solution could be checking the box saying "Run with highest previllages".

and also lookout for all other settings conditions and settings tab, some of the default values are not much friendly with common tasks. hope you'd have solved the prob already......... share what's it?

Badge

Hey devs, i guess the solution could be checking the box saying "Run with highest previllages".

and also lookout for all other settings conditions and settings tab, some of the default values are not much friendly with common tasks. hope you'd have solved the prob already......... share what's it?

Hi @rockin-rockie​ are you experiencing this issue?