Question

What's Up Wednesday: FME News for the Week Ending 30-July-2021

• 28 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Welcome to What’s Up Wednesday, your weekly source of FME and Safe Software news! Today it's Mark taking over from Liz, who's away this week.

FME Releases

A new FME hotfix build was released last week (version 2021.1.0.1/build 21614). I'm told key bug fixes are to the AttributeManager, AttributeFilter, and FeatureJoiner. All look like very specific issues that probably won't affect you (they haven't affected me), but you may still want to check.

Alternatively, you could wait until next week when a scheduled release (version 2021.1.1.0) is likely to be made available on Tuesday.

Upcoming Webinars

A series of new webinars have been added to the upcoming list. They are:

• August 19: Data Integration Basics: Merging & Joining Data (Replay)
  • Sept 9: Managing Changing Data (Replay)
  • Sept 16: 5 Ways to Improve Your LiDAR Workflows
  • Sept 23: Metadata Matters! What it is and How to Manage it
  • Sept 28: Managing Changing Data: Part 2

See them all at safe.com/webinars.

I'll also mention "To Loop or Not To Loop" which takes place on August 11th. Yes, I mention it because I'm presenting, but it will be very useful I think.

FME® zum Kaffee

con terra has released another video in its FME® zum Kaffee series. It's all about how to write data to a zip file. If you're a German-speaking FME user then check it out - and don't forget to hit the Subscribe button!

Start Page: Quick Poll

What do you think of the Start Page in FME Workbench? You can affect how it is developed in the future by going to this community poll and picking one of the options on offer.

Real-Time Flood Monitoring Examples

There are two new articles on the knowledge base about using FME to process real-time data.

The first article shows how we can push data into ArcGIS Online in real-time. A workspace on FME Server generates simulated data and pushes it out to a websocket, while a Server Automation listens for that data and pushes it to ArcGIS.

The second article shows how to set up email notification services to alert someone when the data matches certain values.

This nice tutorial was created by Dan Minney, who created it during a student practicum placement at Safe; but who's now joined our support team for real! Welcome to Safe, Dan.

Holiday at Safe

Next Monday - August 2nd - is a public holiday across most of Canada. Most of us at Safe will be off that day, but we'll be back online and raring to go on Tuesday. See you then 👋

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Thanks @mark2atsafe​