Question

Run is diabled

• 27 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I have a workspace where run is disabled when "Prompt for user parameters" is on. When i disable this option run is active. This is the only workspace where this happens.

Any ideas?

5 replies

Badge +8

Hi @fme_hans​ 

We have an internal issue related to this, but with very specific scenario i.e.

The workspace has MS SQL Reader, and the Database connection is embedded, and when Prompt and Run is selected the following dialog is shown.

https://www.screencast.com/t/DAsbnYuvyq

Does your scenario has similar steps?

Badge +3

Hi @fme_hans​ 

We have an internal issue related to this, but with very specific scenario i.e.

The workspace has MS SQL Reader, and the Database connection is embedded, and when Prompt and Run is selected the following dialog is shown.

https://www.screencast.com/t/DAsbnYuvyq

Does your scenario has similar steps?

Hi,

I have allmost the same. The reader is a MS SQL spatial reader and the writer is also a MS SQL spatial writer. The connection is not embedded. I choose the connection in a list with saved connections.

Badge +3

Hi,

I have allmost the same. The reader is a MS SQL spatial reader and the writer is also a MS SQL spatial writer. The connection is not embedded. I choose the connection in a list with saved connections.

Hi,

My work around for now is remove the readers and add them manually again. After that the workspace "Run" is available again.

I guess I originally copied the readers from an other workspace. Perhaps there is a problem with that.

Badge +8

Hi,

Thanks for your response, I will add the notes to our existing issue and post them here once the issue is resolved.

Badge +1

I've bumped into same issue with FME 22.1

I can't run the worspace with Prompt for user parameters - the writer connection seems not available, but without the prompt I can run it.

Originally I chneged the writer form PostgreSQL to MSSQL and imported again feature types. I've done this workflow before, but I could run the wotsapce with prompt, not now...

disabled writerdisabled writer