Question

Which transformer is used to create clusters based on location?

I have three datasets and there can be a possibility that the features that can be present in one dataset can also be another dataset

These type of features which shares same location should form one cluster.

Similarly datasets that have same locations should be in one cluster and I need the count of clusters of all three datasets

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi @prathyushay8​ ,

There are a few different options depending on your needs. For example:

The Determining Nearest Neighbors article as well as this forum post might give you a few more ideas as well.

Or if you need to compare against the datasets you can also use something like the SpatialFilter/Relator before clustering.

Hope that gives you a few ideas to get started with.

Hi @prathyushay8​ ,

There are a few different options depending on your needs. For example:

The Determining Nearest Neighbors article as well as this forum post might give you a few more ideas as well.

Or if you need to compare against the datasets you can also use something like the SpatialFilter/Relator before clustering.

Hope that gives you a few ideas to get started with.

Hi @chrisatsafe​ ,

Thank you for your kind Response!!

I see NeighborhoodAggregator will be suitable for my requirement. Can you also explain how can I define values for Neighborhood Width and height in the transformer.

Kind Regards,

Prathyusha

Badge +2

Hi @chrisatsafe​ ,

Thank you for your kind Response!!

I see NeighborhoodAggregator will be suitable for my requirement. Can you also explain how can I define values for Neighborhood Width and height in the transformer.

Kind Regards,

Prathyusha

Personally I haven't used this particular transformer in quite a while but the documentation that is linked above has a great description and even better a tip on how to visualize how the neighborhoods are calculated in the General > Neighborhood Width and Height section (I didn't know this tip before opening the doc.

"Note: To view the grid of cells that is created from these parameters, use the 2DGridCreator. Specify 0,0 for Starting X Coordinate and Starting Y Coordinate, respectively, and the same values for Column Width and Row Height as Neighborhood Width and Neighborhood Height, respectively."

Hope that helps!