Solved

Point measures based on attribute value

Badge

I have a line and a point dataset. The lines have measures, generated with the MeasureGenerator. Some lines are partly overlapping, so they share part of their route. The lines have a "ROUTENAME" and the points have the same attribute, indicating which line they are associated to. Now I want to derive the measure value of the points along the route, but only on the route they are associated to.

How can I make the PointOnLineOverlayer and MeasureExtractor take into account the "ROUTENAME". Now some points get the wrong measure (of another route on the same location).

Any ideas to help me out?

icon

Best answer by hkingsbury 25 July 2021, 21:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

In the PointOnLine, set the GroupBy value to "ROUTENAME". This will then only compare features that have the same value in that attribute

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

In the PointOnLine, set the GroupBy value to "ROUTENAME". This will then only compare features that have the same value in that attribute

Nice answer

Badge

Indeed. I had tried this before, but it seems that other data-issues made that it didn't lead to the expected result. It is solved now.