Question

FME Data Express bug?

Badge +4

I am struggling to replicate the results of running a workspace on FME Data Express and am wondering if I've discovered a bug.

I have a workspace with 3 published parameters; A Geometry (point), a Choice (Multiple) and a Filename (Multiple). The idea of the workspace is to select a location(point), add an attribute(s) and upload(or capture) a JPG(s).

I tested this workspace on desktop and it worked as expected. I published it to Server and ran it on the user interface and it worked as expected. But when I try to run it on the FME Data Express app, the job fails with an error on Server saying either "Parameter 'SourceDataset_JPEG' must be given a value." or a similar error about the Choice (Multiple) attribute. There is no log file. This is odd as I've even confirmed in the Resources folder on Server that the JPG file is getting uploaded to Server.

However, when I change both of these parameter types to the non-Multiple versions ("Choice" and "Filename (Existing)"), the workspace runs as expected on FME Server and FME Data Express. It's almost as if the workspace doesn't recognize the inputs for these parameters when set to Multiple and run from FME Data Express.

Has anyone else come across this?

I'm running FME Server 2020.2 build 20787 64bit, FME Data Express v2.0.0

3 replies

Badge +5

I also have had problems with Data Express where there is a JPG upload plus other parameters. If it is just the JPG upload it is ok but with other parameters it looses the image.

Badge +2

Have you grouped your published parameters? It works when not grouping the JPG parameter with the rest.

Badge +4

I don't have the ability to group parameters in 2020.2. I will have to check that when our organization upgrades to 2021.