Question

I have a 3 server site for FME Server 2020.2.3. This morning, all 3 of the servers had the FME Server Application Server service stopped and disabled. What could cause the service to be disabled?

• 22 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I've seen where the service may not start after windows updates and restart. Setting to Automatic (Delayed Start) can help with restarting after reboot.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @dave29​ , Thanks for posting to the Community! This doesn't sounds overly normal. What version of FME Server are you using? There was a few threads I saw on StackExchange that suggests this could've been changed by a user.

In this external link, if you see Pak's comment below, he provides instructions on how to check the event log for system changes. I've copied the steps below:

1. Open Windows Event Viewer

2. Navigate to “Windows Logs” -> “System” event log

3. Filter for Source “Service Control Manager” and Event ID 7040.

4. Find the event saying “The start type of the service was changed from original start type to disabled” for your service of interest.

5. When you find that, the “User” listed in the details below is the user that has made that change.

If this wasn't changed by a user, perhaps another process on your system caused the change? I haven't tried this myself, and the referenced link is about 4 years old, but I thought it may be a good place to start?

In the event we can confirm this change was not made by a user, would you please submit a support case with us. Best, Kailin.