Question

ESRI reprojector - 'Ignoring input feature coordinate system 'NV-W' Why?

I am using esrireprojector and am getting input coordinate system values from a table. One coordinate system is being rejected and I don't know why.

I have entered it as 'EPSG:32000' and as 'NV-W' both of which FME normally recognizes.

With ESRI reprojector, it is rejected, but other values are accepted. I know 'NV-W' is a legitimate coordinate system code. I tried entering the full ESRI descriptions and that was truncated and rejected.

Confusing to figure out exactly how to enter coordinate information. There seems to be more than one coordinate code for some systems, and then there are the completely different ESRI codes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @rmcgregor​ ,

'NV-W' should work. Please send me a copy of the log showing the error and I will try to figure out why it isn't working.

Hi @rmcgregor​ ,

'NV-W' should work. Please send me a copy of the log showing the error and I will try to figure out why it isn't working.

Thank you for the reply. I think it's a false error. I used a different value and I still got that message, but all three of the wrong values also threw an error. When I use correct values, I get that error message, but no others.

The 'error' is the esrireprojector informing me it's ignoring the coordinate system defined for the feature class in lieu of the one in the table. So, it's working as designed, I think.