Solved

How do you completely delete a transformer definition to start fresh?

Badge +5

I'm in a jam. Installed a transformer from FME hub and then after tweaking it was not able to revert back to the original. The original took on the definition(?) of the tweaked one. When I try to download it fresh, it gives me the tweaked one. I have a feeling it lives somewhere, but can't find it. How do you purge a bum transformer? I tried to delete the tweaked version and it crashed every time. No good. Any ideas? I can't be the only one.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by caracadrian 18 July 2021, 10:06

View original

7 replies

Badge +20

You can find FME Hub custom transformers in (windows)

%APPDATA%\Safe Software\FME\FME Store\Transformers

Badge +5

You can find FME Hub custom transformers in (windows)

%APPDATA%\Safe Software\FME\FME Store\Transformers

Ok that's a good start.  Unfortunately, there must be some other reference that is preventing me from installing fresh.  I deleted the transformer from that location but it still came up in my workspace.  All that is left is an input node.  When I delete it, FME crashes.  Registry key?  I hope not.

Badge +20

Ok that's a good start. Unfortunately, there must be some other reference that is preventing me from installing fresh. I deleted the transformer from that location but it still came up in my workspace. All that is left is an input node. When I delete it, FME crashes. Registry key? I hope not.

Have you tried deleting the usual suspects:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\\Temp

%TEMP%

%FME_TEMP% - if you have set up one

Inserting the transformer in Workbench, deleting it and click-ing yes to delete the definition?

Badge +5

Sorry, no Temp folders had anything . It appears to be Workspace-specific. I was able to open a blank Workspace and download a fresh one that was correct. It deleted without any popup. But then I went back to the Workspace where I had issues and got the tweaked one. It is embedded, as opposed to the blank workspace.

I then opened a new blank Workspace and tried to download again, but got this:

Fuzzy1 

To be clear, there is no longer a reference to that transformer in Navigator. It was also placed in a few custom transformers, but I deleted them.

I just wanted to do a SaveAs to the transformer and do some experiments. If you have any info on how to do that properly, it would be super helpful.

Thanks

Badge +5

Sorry, no Temp folders had anything . It appears to be Workspace-specific. I was able to open a blank Workspace and download a fresh one that was correct. It deleted without any popup. But then I went back to the Workspace where I had issues and got the tweaked one. It is embedded, as opposed to the blank workspace.

I then opened a new blank Workspace and tried to download again, but got this:

Fuzzy1 

To be clear, there is no longer a reference to that transformer in Navigator. It was also placed in a few custom transformers, but I deleted them.

I just wanted to do a SaveAs to the transformer and do some experiments. If you have any info on how to do that properly, it would be super helpful.

Thanks

Well, I was able to download the transformer to a blank workspace again. I did a copy, opened up my project and pasted. It's there now, but the old definition is also. When I deleted the pasted transformer, it asked to delete the embed. Fine, but when I tried to get it again from that Workspace, it gave me the bogus one. So, at least for now, I will have to make do with two definitions of the transformer. There has to be someplace where this stuff is listed, no?

Badge +20

Well, I was able to download the transformer to a blank workspace again. I did a copy, opened up my project and pasted. It's there now, but the old definition is also. When I deleted the pasted transformer, it asked to delete the embed. Fine, but when I tried to get it again from that Workspace, it gave me the bogus one. So, at least for now, I will have to make do with two definitions of the transformer. There has to be someplace where this stuff is listed, no?

You can try to rename the "bogus one" so there is no name collision between them.

Badge +5

The thing that I didn't realize was that you need to rename the Transformer description (and the Transformer name?). I was then able to download a fresh one. Thanks for your help!