Question

Feature Reader Issues in FME Server

• 13 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello this Pablo,

I'm trying to read a GML and XML files, using a feature reader in FME server but every time I run workspace it fails...the log says the following:

FeatureReader (QueryFactory): The clause 'IGNORE_NULLS <Unused>' within 'FACTORY_DEF {*} QueryFactory FACTORY_NAME FeatureReader INPUT FEATURE_TYPE Creator_CREATED FCTQUERY_INTERACTION NONE COMBINE_ATTRIBUTES { RESULT_ONLY } IGNORE_NULLS { <Unused> }...

See image, attached...I have run the workspace locally and it works fine, can you help with this issue, please? I have tried different ways to solved it and it has not worked.

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi @velazquezmpablo​ ,

Does your FME Server build match your FME Desktop build?

I have previously seen this error when the workspace was created with a newer version of FME Desktop, please make sure your workspace was created in the same (or older build) as your FME Server.

Hi @velazquezmpablo​ ,

Does your FME Server build match your FME Desktop build?

I have previously seen this error when the workspace was created with a newer version of FME Desktop, please make sure your workspace was created in the same (or older build) as your FME Server.

Hello @hollyatsafe​ ,

I have checked version of FME Server and desktop, both are the same...2020.1fme_version

Badge +2

Hi @velazquezmpablo​ ,

You check the build of FME Workbench by going to Help > About FME Workbench and looking above the image:

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 9.37.49 AMI suspect your FME Desktop is slightly newer. Forwards compatibility, that is, to run a newer workspace in an older version of FME is not guaranteed. Usually, it is unlikely that forwards compatibility is affected by a minor version difference, but around this build number, a new version of the Feature Reader was released. This means your workspace was likely built using the Feature Reader version 12 and that is not available on your older FME Server.

To resolve this issue, please download FME Desktop 2020.1 b20594 to match your FME Server.

https://downloads.safe.com/fme/2020/fme-desktop-2020.1.0-b20594-win-x64.msi

You'll need to open your workspace and the FeatureReader will be missing, re-add it to your workflow, and then re-publish your workspace to FME Server and it should now run as expected. 

I'd encourage you to continue to use this version of FME Desktop when authoring all your workflows to avoid any other compatibility issues with FME Server.