Question

Find duplicate sub polygons from main polygon

I have several main polygons and sub polygons in it, but sometime sub polygons have same name as mentioned in attached snap, attached is the only example, I have lot of data, how can I find duplicate polygons within main polygons?

In blue color, name is for main polygon and in black color, name is for sub polygons.

If anyone can help with workbench then it will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @irshad5510​ 

I created a Workspace template (.fmwt ) that simulate your case.

The transformer SpatialRelator ( group by: New_Offi_1 ) was used to makes the relation between both readers. After I used the DuplicateFilter by attribute New_Name:

Workspace_Duplicate_ 

Attached the .fmwt file.

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Hi @irshad5510​ 

I created a Workspace template (.fmwt ) that simulate your case.

The transformer SpatialRelator ( group by: New_Offi_1 ) was used to makes the relation between both readers. After I used the DuplicateFilter by attribute New_Name:

Workspace_Duplicate_ 

Attached the .fmwt file.

Thanks in Advance,

Danilo

Thanks @​danilo_fme for quick response, will check and let you know if this works. 👍

Hello @danilo_fme​ 

It was working fine for attached earlier zip file, but when I am checking with multiple main polygons it is giving me all duplicate name sub polygons as shown in below, in the below snap it should not catch red arrowed sub polygon because it's in different main polygon and main polygon has different Name, sub polygons must be detected only when they are within same main polygons:

I am attaching additional input which I have used, let me know if any other information is required.

Attachment

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hello @danilo_fme​ 

It was working fine for attached earlier zip file, but when I am checking with multiple main polygons it is giving me all duplicate name sub polygons as shown in below, in the below snap it should not catch red arrowed sub polygon because it's in different main polygon and main polygon has different Name, sub polygons must be detected only when they are within same main polygons:

I am attaching additional input which I have used, let me know if any other information is required.

Hello @irshad5510​ 

Please, see the attached Workspace.

Thanks,