Question

Create simple batch file and run

Badge

I have one input and only one output like below 

there doesn't have any complication to run but i have nearly 1k+ repeated tasks.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/vehJK.png

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

What is your question?

You can run FME from a batch file.

On the second line of your workbench log file (after running) is the command-line that you need.

Badge

What is your question?

You can run FME from a batch file.

On the second line of your workbench log file (after running) is the command-line that you need.

Thanks jkr_da.

How to create batch file.

i tried with batch deploy but in that only getting WB path so i need to create batch with parameters.

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Thanks jkr_da.

i tried with batch deploy but in that only getting WB path so i need to create batch with parameters.

I think you are looking for another solution.

So if you give more information on what you really want to achief we could help you solve the work easily.

I think that you could do something with the following settup:

Creator -> FeatureReader (Format: Directory and File Pathnames) -> WorkspaceRunner

Or

Creator -> FeatureReader (Format: Directory and File Pathnames) -> FeatureReader (Format: OGC GeoPackage) -> FeatureWriter (Format: Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb))

I guess you want to scan multiple folders that contain *.gpkg files and want to convert every file to a *.gdb in the same folder with the same name?

Badge

Thanks jkr_da.

I have only two steps in one WB but need to run 1000+ files so i need to give parameters at a time and then i'll check final data of 1k data directly.

Badge +5

Although possible it's not often you need to use batch files with FME. Usually if you are processing lots of files you can just select them all with the reader and if they each need to go into separate output files you use a fanout on the writer and just process them all in one run.

If the workspace is more complicated and can only process on file at a time then use a master workspace with a WorkspaceRunner transformer to run the processing on each file at a time.

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Thanks jkr_da.

See my attached workspace:

Creator -> FeatureReader (Format: Directory and File Pathnames) -> FeatureReader (Format: OGC GeoPackage) -> FeatureWriter (Format: Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb))